The Toronto Aboriginal Business Association (TABA) was established by Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in 2003. The purpose of TABA has been to act as a forum where Aboriginal business people in the Greater Toronto Area can connect with each other, non-Aboriginal businesses and all levels of government.
The vision of TABA is to eventually have an organization operated by its members who will give voice to Aboriginal business issues in the GTA.
- create a database of Aboriginal businesses in the Greater Toronto area (GTA) and a profile of each business.
- communicate our mission and goals to various media and community organizations
- identify and learn about which organizations or individuals tender bids or have work to be negotiated that would be of interest to the association
- recognition award established through TABA
- provide opportunities to bring in guest speakers to promote new business ideas and opportunities
- provide educational seminars annually for our members such as training, funding programs, taxation, bidding for contracts, new government legislation
- promote and encourage students with regards to business opportunities and career paths
- lobby industry, government, community, and political organizations to recognise and utilize aboriginal businesses in the GTA
- Aboriginal businesses recognize each other's expertise and utilize each other's services
- provide our membership with training and development opportunities